This week has been pretty exhausting and I’m not sure why.
Other than an overnight trip for a conference and some tedious editing, work hasn’t been exceptionally difficult. My home life and relationship have been basically the same, no ups or downs. Nothing awful has happened this week and yet I’m sitting here, feeling miserable and tired.
Yes, the only two shows I watch on a regular basis were cancelled within a few hours of each other, but I’m an adult and will survive. Besides, that type of news wouldn’t leave me feeling this way. When it comes down to it, I think I just haven’t taken a lot of time to recharge this week so now that I have time, I just feel run down and sick and not creative at all.
So, instead of sitting here for hours waiting for inspiration to hit so I can write a long, beautiful blog post about something deep and meaningful, I’m just going to write my quick and easy recipe for a happy, more energetic Emily.
Things You’ll Need:
A media streaming service (Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime)
A fully charged cell phone equipped with social media
Face mask, soothing or moisturizing properties preferred
Bubble bath and/or bath oils
Scented candles (any combination with vanilla, tobacco, or leather will work)
Dark beer, preferably with an ABV above 9%
A space without of people
- First, fill up the bathtub with scalding water. Think boiling lobster levels of heat.
- Add bubble bath or fancy bath oils until the water actually changes color. We don’t care how much the bottle says to add, you triple that amount.
- Light all the candles. All of them. Line the top of the toilet, the sink, the edge of the bathtub, the floor. It needs to be a fire hazard for this to work.
- Pour the dark beer into a pint glass, making sure the top is foamy like a latte.
- Put the face mask on,making sure to cover the forehead and neck. You’ll need to look like a rich lady at the spa in a 90s movie. Think extra, super bougie.
- Get in the bathtub and log into social media on your phone. Look at something soothing, like horror movie blogs or Harry Potter fanart.
- Set up the laptop and turn on something you’ve seen multiple times. Things like Gilmore Girls, Parks and Rec, Brooklyn 99, Scrubs, or Queer Eye will work.
- Kick everyone out of the room and close the door so the bathroom gets extra, super steamy.
- Sit in silence and do nothing until you feel recharged.
Estimated time: 1.5 hours
Alright, I’m logging off now so I can go do this. I am definitely in need of a hard reset right now and sadly I can’t just take my brain out and blow into it like a Nintendo cartridge. I actually have to listen to what my body needs, which I’ll admit is bullshit, but what can ya do?
Getting old sucks, doesn’t it?