This post is going up late because, as you know Daniel, I’m on vacation. I’m down in Vancouver for Thanksgiving and since I arrived I have literally spent every evening drinking and hanging out with family. You reminded me about my post yesterday and I completely forgot until about an hour ago. My bad.
Anyway, last night we talked about the blog over dinner. You said you started the blog to learn more about me and so far you haven’t learned anything new. Well I guess I have to start trying harder, but honestly I’m not that interesting and no, that’s not me trying to be humble.
I also remember you telling me I should write about…something, but for the life of me I can’t remember what the topic was. My bad again. I really can’t get anything done while I’m on vacation.
So, instead, I’m going to make of lists of the things you probably don’t know about me. This isn’t going to be a groundbreaking post, but it’ll do. Again, I’ve got the vacation brain going on here.
Let’s see if I can do this:
- My favorite Shakespeare play is Much Ado About Nothing, which I read in high school to fill the Shakespeare comedy requirement on the syllabus. If I ever try out theater, which is something I’ve always wanted to do, I’d like to play Beatrice in this play.
- My favorite non fiction book is On Writing by Stephen King, which I read right after college. It inspired me to write my first novel, Bull Shark, which is a terrible, terrible story, but at least it’s a story.
- My Hogwarts house is Ravenclaw. I decided this in high school when I started taking AP classes and became a perfectionist.
- I don’t have a favorite fiction book. There are too many to be honest.
- My favorite shade of lipstick is the touch of berry from e.l.f. I love wearing it because I was very self conscious about being feminine in middle school and now love to embrace my girliness.
- My goal is to have 15 tattoos, five of which will be from the Legend of Zelda. I like the idea of being a living piece of art. I also love the fact that my tattoos can’t be taken away. There will always be times in my life when I’ll have to conform to someone else’s standards to live, but I’ll always have my tattoos to remind me where I came from and who I am.
- I still listen to System of a Down on a regular basis. I don’t think I’ll ever shake my emo phase completely.
- My favorite color is yellow because the purse I took to Costa Rica in high school was yellow. I have no idea why that made such an impact on me. Before that my favorite color had always been green because….how can I say this without sounding like a weirdo? My friends and I loved Kingdom Hearts and decided Riku’s favorite color must be green. Yeah…
Does this help you get to know me, Daniel? You’ve only known me for 26 years. It’s going to take some time for us to get to know each other.